Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday



When I lived at home when we ordered pizza we had one place we ordered from, the same for Chinese. So when I moved out on my own I had to find those places for myself. The problem was, I could never remember which places I have tried, and if I liked it. 

I always get sweet and sour chicken, but I am picky about the red sauce. Some places just don't do it right. Other places I have to request no veggies in the lo mein (for Matt) or extra rice because 1 carton isn't enough for the 2 of us. But keeping track of all these things at each place was impossible.

We get a lot of menus in the mail and under our door, and there are a LOT of places around us (the benefits of living in the city and not a small town)

So we keep the menus of the places we want to try. If we like it, we make notes on the menu. If we don't like it, or don't like it as much as another place, it gets tossed.

It keeps everything straight, and it works for me!





Yikes what sloppy writing! 




Head over to We Are That Family to see what else works for people!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I'm back in a small town now but where we used to live there were 4 different chinese resturants we got takeout from and never could remember which ones we liked what entrees at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to keep track of what you like and odn't like! I like to keep our take-out menus in my household notebook. It's just a 3-ring binder with plastic page protectors inside. I keep a list of important phone numbers in one sleeve, blank menu plans (and filled out ones when I am ambitious) in another, and anything else I want to get to very easily--including my Chinese and Italian menus! Oh, and it's pink, so it's really easy to find, LOL!

    ReplyDelete