Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Day of Prayer

Every 2nd Sunday of the month, I have agreed to spend time throughout my day in prayer for the recruits in Parris Island.

My mom has put together a prayer calendar, so that they are lifted in prayer every single day.

I pray today, that they are all doing well. I pray that they are all safe and healthy. Today I hope that they feel uplifted and encouraged.

Austin Swearing In

I can't imagine going through what they are going through. They are special people. I wouldn't last a day there.

I thank God for people who want to last a day, week, months there. I thank God for the people who are willing to lay down their lives for me and my freedom.

I pray that the drill instructors there use their power to make the best men and women out of the recruits there. I pray that they will use wisdom and know when to keep pushing and when to back off.

I also lift the families of the recruits up to our God. This is such a stressful time for them. Not knowing how they are doing, if they are happy, if they are doing well can make one crazy.

Join me today, if you will, in lifting up prayers and good thoughts for everyone.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Following from Friday Follow (a little late) Hope you can visit me. :) http://mageebaby.blogspot.com

    Thanks so much for deciding to pray for these recruits. My husband went through training in Parris Island about 5 years ago and whew! It was so tough! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete