Sunday, February 21, 2010

Austin Lee

(sung like “chocolate rain” inside joke)

IMG_3854IMG_3852  IMG_3861

Tonight my brother is at a hotel in Baltimore Maryland, probably not sleeping, waiting for tomorrow morning.

He has to wake up early tomorrow morning to take a Physical test and then at 10:15 my parents and his girlfriend go and watch him get sworn in as an active duty marine recruit and then he gets on the bus and off to South Carolina he goes.

Matt and I watched a DVD called The Making of A Marine tonight. I was teary through the whole movie. Watching these drill instructors scream at the recruits makes me sad and worried about him. Then watching them get their pins and put on their uniforms made me so happy. I can’t wait to be there and see the transformation he makes. I can’t wait to say my brother is a Marine. I can’t wait to get letters from him.

Proud to be an American is another one of those songs that makes me sob. I only imagine it is going to get worse.

The next 3 months are going to be hard for Austin. Please keep him in your prayers.  Please also keep my mom and his girlfriend in your prayers. They are pretty sad about him leaving. Pray for my dad tomorrow around 11. He will be driving about an hour with 2 weeping women in the car.

3 comments:

  1. definitely will be praying. it will be a tough process but will be worth it in the end! he will be such a different person, but it will be for the better! Blonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it fabulous that young guys like your brother want to do this, I wish him all the very best in his new venture, I can see why you are proud, great pics :)

    ReplyDelete