Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Bucket List

I added a new tab to my blog - My Bucket List.

Last year on my 25th birthday I wrote out a list of things I wanted to do during my life.

These things have been swirling around in my head and I finally put them to paper.

A lot of the things on it revolve around traveling. Growing up we spent our vacations traveling to see our grandparents, and going to the beach. I wouldn't have changed that for anything, but I want to see the world. One day I will, maybe not until I am older and my kids are off on their own, but one day I will do the things I have always wanted.

Other things are just personal things I would like to experience.

Like running a half marathon. I enjoy running. I have enjoyed training (until the last month or so) and on Sunday I will cross the first thing off my bucket list. Sunday I am running the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon.
I am 100% excited and I am about 25% nervous. 125% of emotions has me sleeping horribly and unable to focus on packing tonight.

However, next time I blog I will have added a date to the bucket list and crossed the first thing off! I can't wait.

Now if only Hurricane Earl stays out of the way! But he is welcome to come now and cool things off a little, just be gentle with Va Beach Earl!

AHHHHH gotta pack! So excited. (and scared)

2 comments:

  1. Love your list! I'm going to steal "take a picture a day for a year" from you...that's a great one.
    Good luck with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you can't leave us hanging! How did you do? I bet you did great! Can't wait to hear about it!

    I love the idea of a bucket list! Can I borrow/steal your idea? :-)

    ReplyDelete