Thursday, August 18, 2011

What’s new?

Lets see

***Training is going so well! My runs are amazing! My pace is so much faster than before. It is amazing. I guess loosing the toddler I used to carry around when I ran helped.

I have been doing p90x pretty regularly. Tonight I tweaked my hamstring muscle when doing a move and decided to quit early to avoid injury. I iced it and just applied a big old glob of icy hot. Will be hitting up the foam roller in a little bit. P90X is great, but it isn’t my main focus, that is running.

So I signed up for the half in March. I also signed up for a 5k on Sept 10.  Marine Corp Marathon 2012 is hardcore on my radar. I have always said that 26.2 isn’t something I could/would do. But maybe I was wrong. We shall see come time to register.

rnrdc911

mcmstart

omg insane right?

***In other news I went to a new church last Sunday. I love my church at home, but it isn’t going to help me make friends in the area. So I put on my big girl panties and went ALONE. HOLY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE BATMAN!!  I walked in and pretty much wanted to vomit… then I ran to the bathroom until it started.

I filled out a little paper, and a very nice lady called me on Tuesday. She invited me to the small group she leads. It is for women only. (READ: potential friends) So next week she is out of town, but the girls are getting together and hanging out. So I am going to go and meet them in a casual setting.

 

***Lets see – OH! Buying a car soon! Real soon actually. SCORE. I am praying that the right car is available soon. I really want a 2011 Hyundai Elantra, but I am not sure if it is in my price range yet. I am waiting on the bank to get back to me with loan info. I would like to do it alone, but I will probably have my dad co-sign and get better interest rates.

2011 Hyundai Elantra front_2

All pics above from google images

***I survived my first semester of Grad School! Open-mouthed smile I don’t have my final grade but when I do I will do a “ my thoughts on school” post.

***Lastly, last weekend we celebrated with Meg and threw her a shower. It was super fun and I GOT TO BAKE!!! Open-mouthed smile I didn’t have time to take pics while baking though. I guess I will have to bake again soon.

shower 2

College Roommates <3

shower

Awesome Bridal Party

This weekend is a quiet weekend at home with my parent’s dog – haha that sounds sad

Next weekend – BACHELORETTE PARTY!!!! I can’t wait!! CAN’T WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment