Monday, May 2, 2011

Still Processing

As the news unfolded last night I went through a lot of different emotions.

First, I was panicked. They interrupted tv at 10:20pm on a Sunday night to tell us that the President has something important to say concerning our national security. I immediately start thinking there is a threat, and got really scared because I live so close to DC.

Then as we waited for the official word, the news outlets started breaking the story that Osama had be killed.

So that's good right? He can't hurt us anymore. (Even though he isn't the only person out there that hates America)

Then I watch the people celebrating. That's when I started to get really confused.

Yes, this is huge for America. The person who caused so much pain and death to innocent people has now been brought to justice. But throwing a huge party in front of the White House? It just seemed to me to be something that they would do and something they did do on 9/11.

I battled with it all day today (and honestly all night as I never really settled into a good night sleep from all of the events of the night)

Then tonight I saw someone's Facebook status with this quote:

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the in the death of one, not even an enemy" - Martin Luther King Jr

And there we have it. Exactly my feelings, put so beautifully from a person who only dreamed of peace.

So tonight I decide that I will be thankful for all of those who on a daily basis make sure that we are safe in America. For those people who spent almost 10 years never giving up hope that they will find the person who caused so much pain around the world. I am thankful for those Navy Seals who acted so bravely and took care of a huge threat on our national security. I am thankful for a President who makes hard decisions on a daily basis. I am thankful that I am free and safe. We can't bring back the the brave people that lost their lives. We can only remember that they gave their lives for protecting our way of life. And for that God Bless them.


I don't know, I am still figuring it out. Of course I am not at all , in anyway supporting the actions of Osama and his Al Qaida supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment