Saturday, July 3, 2010

Spontaneous Beach Day

I had one of the best days I've had in a long time yesterday.

Thursday night, I was trying to decide that to do on Friday since I had off work. Matt suggested Ocean City Maryland. I said REALLY??!!! He said sure. I immediately started packing before he changed his mind! You see Matt isn't a beach person. He has skin that doesn't love the sun. I love the beach, I would totally live at the beach if I could.

So I packed our towels, sunscreen and printed off coupons for things to do and made sure I knew how to get there from VA. We got up early (for us) and headed out. The trip should have taken about 3 hours. It took about 4, I guess some people were starting their 4th of July weekends early!

We drove across the big Chesapeake Bay Bridge. One of the longest and tallest bridges I have ever been on, I love it. It is so pretty. I always look at the sailboats out on the water and wish that was me.









We made it to the beach and walked up the boardwalk a bit and claimed out piece of sand. We sat on the beach for about 2 hours (yay! thanks honey!) watching people and talking. It was so nice. The weather was perfect. Not hot at all. Low 80s I think with a breeze that never allowed you to sweat!


Then we went back and dropped off the towels and stuff at the car and walked the boardwalk. One of my favorite things to do. I have been to Ocean City many times and walking the boardwalk and people watching my 2nd favorite thing to do, nothing beats laying on the beach for me. We walked into some of the interesting shops (resisted the urge to buy a neon OC MD shirt - ha) then got the staple of an Ocean City trip. Thrashers French Fries. They are so good. I love them. Good thing this was only a day trip because they are certainly not good for you!!


We headed back to the car, I changed clothes and off to mini golf we went! The first place we played so quickly that we decided to go to another course. ( I didn't want to play the first course again, Matt got 3 holes in one!) We played the other course and then decided to try and find dinner as it was 8:15.


After some research, we decided to throw research out the window and go with another Staple of an OC trip for me. Big Peckers Bar and Grille. They are known for their burgers (why not chicken wings with a name like that?!)

We waited extra so we could sit outside on the big gliding tables. SO fun. But it started to get COLD! We had a nice dinner together and then packed up and headed home around 10:30. I drove about 2 hours and then I as getting super tired, I let Matt bring us home!

excuse my poor posture, I was huddled up to keep warm!!

Such a wonderful, spontaneous day. We had no real plans, just did as we pleased. I loved spending the whole day with my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment