Sunday, December 4, 2011

Life Update

School consumed my life in November. But it is over. I officially finished my second semester with 1 A and 1 B. The B was in my finance class and that class challenged me from the start. I get 2 months off! I have been watching Grey’s Anatomy, running, and reading books that aren’t textbooks so far!

I went to New Jersey with the roommates (I will always call them the roommates, even though none of us live together anymore) We took my little car on its first road trip! Armed with Justin Bieber’s Christmas album we headed to Jersey to celebrate Carol’s birthday. After a few drinks at the bar, we may have played on the greatest playground I have ever seen at midnight.

380440_10100588440237898_5701910_57966668_138863724_nIMG_6141IMG_6142

Saturday we got up and went to the city and then had a party! I remade Carol’s wedding cake in cupcake form.

Thanksgiving was awesome. Mom had to work, so we had dinner in Frederick. I cooked my first Thanksgiving meal. Beer can turkey, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, beans, carrots, rolls and desserts! So good. Then we played apples to apples.

family

Before I finished up the cooking, I went out for my own personal turkey trot 5k. I have slowly noticed my pace getting faster, but since I ran 5 miles on Wed. I decided to just run a quick 5k. Well, my legs just went, I was running fast and it was easy. I noticed at 2 miles that I had run both miles sub 10 min miles! I decided I was going to make this 5k a sub 10 min mile 5k! I pushed hard at the end and PRed my 5k time by about 2 mins! My pace never went over 10 min miles! So exciting!  (foreshadowing for an upcoming race maybe?!…) Wait and see.

Lastly, I have been struggling to find my Christmas spirit. I have this nagging feeling that this year is going to be hard for me. While I am staying positive about it, I still worry. (but I worried about my birthday and it was perfect!)

I decided I could fit my tree in my room here, so I would put it up. But then I never talked myself into doing it. I wanted to, but it made me sad. Meredith said that we would all do it as a family. So today my favorite toddlers pitter pattered up my stairs and helped me decorate my tree. They did a great job and there were no ornament casualties. Open-mouthed smile 

DSC_1044

Helping Evelyn put on the elephant

DSC_1045

Helping Sylvia put on the fishyDSC_1046

 

Decorating the tree together Open-mouthed smile

DSC_1049

Me and my girls

IMG_6195IMG_6196

The toddler clump

IMG_6200

About 5 ornaments on 1 branch <3 it!

 

DSC_1052

We hung my stocking downstairs with everyone else’s

 

Some new favorite ornaments!

IMG_6203IMG_6204IMG_6206IMG_6207IMG_6208IMG_6210IMG_6211

IMG_6213

After I balanced out the bottom Open-mouthed smile

 

It is beginning to look a bit like Christmas, and it may even be beginning to feel like it too Open-mouthed smile

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see your pink Christmas tree again, I think it's wonderful that you still put it up, and I secretly would love a tree in my room, to be able to wake up and see it would thrill my dorky self. And I'm really digging those new ornaments too!

    Have I told you lately how adorable you are? Cuz you totally are :)

    ReplyDelete