Sunday, December 12, 2010

I go back

Last Wednesday night Matt and I got the chance to go back to College Park for a Maryland Basketball game.

Matt and I met in college freshman year and most of the people I was friends with freshman year are the people I am still friends with today.

I say often that I miss college. I don’t miss the papers, and walking to class in the bitter cold. But I do miss having my friends around 24/7 and going to basketball games.

I tried to go to all home games, even the ones over winter break. I was one of those who would go early to save seats with my textbook and homework. (ear muffs mom and dad) Even when I had a test or paper the next day I was at Comcast Center cheering on the Terps.

I miss that a lot.

The day after Thanksgiving my grandfather called and asked if we wanted 2 tickets to UMD b-ball. I called Matt and even though getting there on a work night might mean sitting in a decent amount of traffic we decided to go.

On the way there Matt tells me the team we are playing are really bad. They don’t even have a win. So we knew this game would most likely be a win, and probably a blow out.

  IMG_5099 IMG_5100

Testudo getting everyone pumped up before the game.

IMG_5102

Tip off

IMG_5103

I have never been a dancer (ok maybe for like 1 year when I was like 6 ) but I love the dance team. It was always one of my favorite parts of the games. I had a friend on the dance team and I would always go in her dorm room and show her my versions of the dances. Always hilarious and horrible!!

IMG_5104 IMG_5106 IMG_5107

 

IMG_5108

Gary Williams – I remember when I started school he was in like his 16th season with UMD. Now he is in his 22nd.

We had a great time. The Terps won 99 to 56. I was begging them to take one more shot because I bet they would get to 100. But they played it safe and let the clock run out at the end. A win is a win!

I hope this we can catch another game this season. I also hope one day I will have season tickets. It is a goal of mine. I know my dad would like it too! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment